Sunday, June 19, 2005

Movies

Ok I am sick and tired of hearing on the news complain that ticket sales for movies are down and that is becasue we are being fed crap from Hollywood. Look, let me be very clear, the movies are fine, they are good and as entertaining as they always been. What sucks now is all the shit that we have to go through in order to get to the movie.
Opening night I got to the movies with my girlfriend, we get there 40 minutes early to get a good seat. It is another 13 dollars for some water, soda, and popcorn. Speaking of which I wish those dip shits at the consesion stand would stop tring to get as much pop corn as they can into my bag. They mash it, then all I have is broken pop corn like it was from the bottom of the barrell. But I digress. See we can't bring anything in with us, or at least nothing obvious, like our own drinks and popcorn. We are forced to pay 5 dollars for a shitty bag filled with flufy popcorn. This had to cost 25 cents at most. Then 4 dollars for a soda. The same kind Carls Jr. sells for 1.25. What is the mark up? It isn't like there are a lot of people there working, and lets face it this is not th cream of the corp. They are making minnum wage, which means my price of admission paid the salary of the dip shit taking my ticket for 2 and a half hours. This doesn't seem right. Now movies are getting more expensive. They don't really spend the money on keeping the theater up and nice. When it gets old they simply play month old movies and charge a couple of bucks less.
Now I have spend 32 dollars and I am ready to see my two hour movie. After sitting though those hokey coca cola ads and local buisness plugs, lights dim.
Then I get a comercial about the Los Angeles times. WTF! Now there are about 5 full length commercials I have to sit through before the comming attractions start. Then I need to sit through 4 or 5 trailers, get a reminder to turn off my phone, then my movie. Ok, first of all FUCK YOU, I obviously can afford this shit, so I have a job, which means I am not a total moron. So I think I know to turn off my phone. Hey here is a piece of advice, don't tell me to turn off my phone and get rid of the fu@#ing ads. It takes 20 minutes to get to the movie. All ads. And people wonder why people download this stuff off the internet. The thing that bothers me is that they always talk about ticket sales. But the ad revenue as to eaqual that. Who is keeping the money? Where is it going? Why won't anyone talk about it? I am not going to the movies again until someone can answer those questions for me.
Hollywood is fine, it is the theaters that are fucked. Screw them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home